Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday's puppies

I feel especially blessed to be the caretaker of these 3 dogs at my house. Lately, due to the addition of a new baby puppy, I feel more like a referee. The baby is getting along famously with the lab mix, Lucy. Molly McGee, the Jack Russell Terrorist, is a cranky and bitchy 2 year old that growls every time the puppy comes near her. And is she would be that way all the time it would be okay, but she alternates between playing with the puppy and hating its guts...so the puppy never knows how to respond to her. Sigh...

This year has been really bad for bugs, with all the rain we had. We dose these guys with topical flea stuff from the vet, but the 2 older dogs go in the pond several times a day and it weakens the strength of the stuff (I don't care WHAT the package says). We put flea collars on them as well. And still we have fleas. We put Advantage on the puppy and she still has fleas. SO, we either have super fleas out here, or the stuff I'm paying through the nose for at the vet is old or something. It's one thing that makes me look forward to winter....

I am grateful for my newest sponsee, who has been calling me regularly. Just got off the phone. Talking to newcomers always helps me really see the blessings in my own life, so thanks to ALL of you. lol We talked about how hard it is to ask for help, and how we are affected by stress and how starting a day with your head spinning is not a good thing. Just basic life stuff. I love going through the steps with new women too...it is so good for me.

I am blessed by the way the puppy snuggles up to my neck when I hold her. I'm sure it lowers my blood pressure by 30 points....just that simple act of love and trust.

..."when we accept that we always exist in a state of grace, we are able to live our lives more graciously. Knowing that we are graced gives us more hope, makes us more generous, and allows us to trust that we are taken care of, even when we are going through difficult times. Grace is our benevolence of heart, our generosity of spirit. Grace is unconditional love and the beauty that is our humanity. When we know that we are blessewd with grace, we cannot help but want to live our lives in harmony."

No comments: