Thursday, September 25, 2008

Viva la Thursday !!!


(This is the road to Annie's house....)


Lovin' Thursdays. Women's Meeting was wonderful, discussion this week and the topic was emotional sobriety. It was freakin' awesome.




Got to try to get to bed early tonight, and here it is 11:30 already. sigh...not enough hours in the day, it seems.




Had to help a mommy with a whacked out 2 year old tonight. It got unreal...screaming and twisting around and stiffening and kicking ...it would've been funny to watch if the poor mom hadn't been ready to shoot herself in the head. Baby daddy went to rehab, a program that goes for like a year. Baby has been acting out ever since he left. Mommy is at her wits end. And broke, and lonely. It was a real emotional event for her, and I think she's about to snap.




I feel very blessed to NOT have a very young child today. I often think, watching these mothers of young kids struggling to stay sober, that I am kinda glad I drank all those years. (not really, but you know what I'm saying). I feel blessed to be able to help out in a couple of small ways. I am grateful to have sponslings that are committed to sobriety, even if they're a tad suicidal. I am grateful to have the abundance to share to have 2 of the women I sponsor and their kids (1 each) over for supper tomorrow night. It will give them a break and some social life and hopefully a sense of belonging and connection. I am blessed that my grandson will be here for the weekend too, and he loves little kids. I am blessed (dove-o-roni) that I can eat a half a Dove bar. lol And I am blessed to be blessed by my HP...




I am blessed to have the chance to write this blog every night, because I get good feedback from a few people and it keeps my eyes open to the miracles and the blessings around me. It helps me feel connected too. I read other blogs and it recharges my batteries, and gives mne so much hope, knowing that we are all in this recovery thing together.




I am feeling like one lucky duck!




3 comments:

Pammie said...

motherhood is so highly over-rated.
Bless her heart.

steveroni said...

Hey, Lucky-Ducky! Even though I'm the male in our house, I "know what you're sayin'" about having a houseful of chn, no money, Poppa either in jail, or rehab, no job, old car with dead battery, roof needs repair, electric will be turned off next week, IF... etc.

AND trying to stay sober. THESE are the "soldiers" in AA. We're just the sergeants, and get to watch them train and grow, and learn to deal with life...etc. And one day how SO helpful theywill be to another in the same boat THEY were in! Bless you all, Mothers!

One Prayer Girl said...

Your blog struck a chord with me. It reminded me of 23 years ago when I was newly sober. My husband had left, I had a four year old and a fourteen year old. I had been out of work and got a job just short of 3 months sober. Had the house, but also the mortgage, a car that constantly broke down, appliances that did the same. I worried constantly. BUT, I went to meetings, did the steps, lived/breathed/slept AA, and just kept putting one foot in front of the other.
Sometimes I wonder how I made it, but I did with the people in AA and God's help.
So much to be grateful for. My kids are grown, have been gone for years, and are happy. I found a wonderful man (an AA guy)that I have been married to for 17 years. My life is totally different and totally wonderful.
Aren't we blessed? Love it!