Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September 2nd...and I still haven't turned the calendar...

Rain has been forecast for the rest of the week, so this morning I did 2 loads of laundry and hung them out to dry. Here's something at the top of my blessings list....freshly washed and dried laundry and the way it smells when you hang it out in the sunshine, standing under the clothesline with the breeze whipping dry, fresh sheets in your face. It was hot today, but I just stood out there, right in the center of my umbrella clothesline, being whipped mercilessly. It was nirvana...

I keep looking up at the calendar which still is on the August page, wondering when I will stand up and turn it over. Maybe tomorrow....

I bought an old Radio Flyer kids wagon today out of a truck that had a sign saying "Treasures for sale". I know the people and their youngest is about 38....so the wagon is at least that old probably. It's all rusted, b ut intact. The wheels are on it and everything. I thought I would sand it all down and paint it all nice and shiny new and use it for a flower planter in the yard next year....fill it full of vincas or petunias or something. It was only 3 dollars. They also had an old iron headboard from a twin bed....but 20 dollars was a little rich for my taste. I once saw someone's yard where they had put one of those into the ground and planted flowers all in front of it, then posted a little sign that said ....."Flower Bed". But...it would take a lot of sanding as it's all rusty too, and all those rounded posts and stuff would be a real pain to do. SO, maybe I'll think about that one. The wagon will be enough of a project for this winter....

I feel blessed to have a huge yard where I can plant gardens of both veggies and flowers.
I feel blessed to be able to raise chickens.
I feel blessed to know that the fruit trees are growing well and the berries and asparagus and nut trees are producing as they should.
I feel blessed to have a healthily stocked pantry.


Praying for His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who is in the hospital being checked for abdominal pain and fatigue. Blessings for a great man and spiritual leader that this world needs.

No comments: