Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tickled Green on Tuesday





Happy St Paddy's to you all. If you ate corned beef and cabbage tonight, God help the person sleeping in your bed. LOL

Here's hoping you find your pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow, before the leprechauns snatch it away!

I have had a blessed day...time outside, working in the yard, time inside cleaning and cooking. Pets to love and care for, friends to love and care for, a great conversation with a nun. A nice meal with my beloved. 4 baby kittens, whose eyes are wide open...making them too adorable to even think of giving away...(oh no--I did not say that!)... my life is simple, but it is good. It is getting simpler all the time. I am happy and content. I have everything I need, and then some.

I have been taking a long look lately at the way my life has unfolded. Sobriety has been the best thing that ever happened to me. If it were not for sobriety, I would have no marriage to this wonderful man that I met at an AA birthday party. I would not have a comfortable home in the country, where I can sing and dance and pray and play to my heart's delight. None of you sober people would be such a huge part of my reality.

Wow. Gratitude is a gift I choose every day.

What a lucky duck I am!!

Namaste.

4 comments:

big Jenn said...

We are lucky ducks to have you share with us too! jeNN

Zanejabbers said...

Quack Quack. Thats lucky duck talk for ditto ditto.

One Prayer Girl said...

When we stay sober and grow in our connection to God, life gets better and better. We grow into lives that are "second to none" and "beyond our wildest dreams".

This has been my experience and it sounds like yours as well.

God bless,
PG

Andrew said...

Oh yes Jenn. Isn't she something?