Monday, March 2, 2009

Manic Monday

It's been one of THESE kind of days....

LOL.
I have a very sick kitty who is going to the vet tomorrow, and in the meantime I am cleaning up puke everywhere. Little bits of it, everywhere. And she is miserable and cranky and just generally yucky.
I have a husband who spent the end of this evening on my very last nerve. THE very last one. He emptied the dog food container without telling me, he ran the car almost out of gas, so when I had to go out at 10 PM to find dog food, I had to also gas up the car first, in 23 degree weather. My back is hurting, and this cold is nailing me to the wall. Of course, HE can't go get dog food, he needs to get to bed. No matter that I am also getting up at 5 AM to keep the car so I can take the cat to the vet.
ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, all the way to the town (10 miles away) where there is someplace open that I can buy dogfood, I am counting to ten and meditating some and trying to listen to some beautiful music on our local jazz station. I am trying to talk myself out of this icky pissy place. On the way home, I have to come to a complete stop and let about 2 dozen deer make their way across the road, from one cornfield to the next soybean field. And as I watch them carefully step and prance, I am reminded that there is a lot of beauty in the world, and a lot to be extremely grateful for tonight. I am reminded in those few moments that I do love that man, flaws and all, and that most of the time he is considerate and loving and kind. And that I am tired and hurting and over-reacting to all this.
The Voluntary Simplicity class started tonight. It was good. There are about 10 people in the class, all of us different and unique and bringing a new perspective to the table. It was pretty awesome listening to everyone sharing their stories and ideas.
Grateful too for blogging, which helps me gain perspective and stretch my wings and fly.
Grateful for that big old bed I'm about to climb into!
Namaste.

1 comment:

Queenneenee said...

I have little patience for people (well sig. others in my case) who show little concern for me! Cause its all about me you know! I am single mostly because of how inconsiderate my last bf was. I like how you are grateful for your Hubby though, hey I guess I am grateful too-grateful that he lives elsewhere. I'm so going to hell someday. lol