Thursday, February 12, 2009

12th, Thursday. February

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's said that You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. My BFF Dorothy Parker said "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think." I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.




I opened the women's meeting tonight and only one woman came. It was apparently exactly the right woman. We sat and talked and laughed for an hour. Then we closed up and went home. We both have double digit sobriety and back problems. lol All you need for a meeting is 2 drunks and a coffeepot.




I have a Maxine cartoon on the wall by my computer. It says "Now that I'm older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience. Turns out I just don't give a shit." Somedays, that sums it up.




I don't get all panicky and excited about stuff anymore. The tides of life ebb and flow and my reactions just wear me out. I am reminded of "What goes up must come down." If I just hang on and wait, things generally right themselves. And it's not my doing.




I'm sure grateful to be sober. And content. And planning my gardens for this spring.


I'm sure blessed to have so much stuff in my pantries that I need to inventory them and straighten things up so I know what I have.


I'm grateful, today, to be a woman who's "out there" enough to be able to do some good in the world, even if it's only a tiny bit.




I'm grateful to be who I am. That's a big jump for me.




I'm glad to be going to bed early tonight. Like right now.








Namaste.

No comments: