Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday's follywoggles

[The Mother Jones Memorial and miner cemetary at Mt Olive, IL: She was a union organizer and hell raiser. And my role model]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Okay, so I'm making up words. Follywoggle. (I like the way it rolls off my tongue.) So sue me. LOL Kurt Vonnegut did it all the time. What's he got that I don't??--Besides a 3 pack a day habit? lol I remember when I "discovered" Kurt Vonnegut in high school, and thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Well, I mean, he WAS. I loved his books and his crazy ideas and the fact that he was shocked that the book companies kept wanting to publish him in science fiction genres. And right up until the end of his life he was an activist and outspoken on politics and war. I miss him.
There are lots of people who have gone before me and taught me much. There are those who have taught what I should do and there are those who have taught me what I shouldn't do. Either way, it's always about the lesson and the learning curve. I had a fortune cookie once that said "There ar eno failures, only lessons." I like that. When you take away the emotions, the attachments, the biased concepts of good and bad...what's left? Somewhere I heard that "Evil is just God's love seen through a filter of fear." I think the point was that God's love is all around us and if God is everything then what's left? I am reading a book right now called "The Shack" . My neighbor loaned it to me to read, it's a book for her church book club. So far it has put forth some interesting concepts, and I can't wait to finish it. The protagonist has just encountered God, and it's a big black woman who spends (so far) most of her time cooking. My neighbor attends a United Church of Christ and the pastor is a woman. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but it popped into my head. lol
I am off to bed early(sort of) and have a big day ahead tomorrow. So, I shall take my leave and salute the Light within you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother Jones inspired me too -- but you would know that wouldn't you? I love that pic.

Who wrote The Shack? I have never heard of it and need post-Bolano reading.

You are my soulmate woman...

xxMary

Dave King said...

I went through a Vonnegut phase, but I was older than you - a late developer!

Pammie said...

follywoggle?
hell yes. You know I love weird words.

Zanejabbers said...

Saluting the light with you.