Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Best laid plans...

  Green Man.  'Nuff said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  lol.  It's been a crazy day of making plans and making lists and watching all my good intentions go right down the toilet.  There were only 7 things on that list. 7.  I got 2 of them done. And one of those two things was grocery shopping. I took little Roxie with me because...well, because she wanted to go. AND I had to go to Petco and get doggie biscuits and she can go in there on the leash.  I went to the Green Earth co-op first, and got some packages of dried sea vegetables, as I've found a few recipes which call for them, and I had none. I also got agar-agar, which was outrageously expensive.  I bought organic rolled oats so that I can make some granola and granola bars.  I got barley malt syrup, polenta grits,  and a few other things and spent almost 40 dollars. ouch!  Then I went on to a different store and had to get toilet paper and organic vegetables and stuff and spent another 60.  Oy vey.  Roxie and I had a Pad Thai bowl for lunch from Crazy Wraps and Bowls--she loved the spicy peanut sauce as much as I did! And she ate her fair share of whole wheat noodles too. lol BY the time we got back home it was almost 2 o'clock. I got the groceries all unloaded and put away and went out to check the chickens. Decided that this beautiful 72 degree sunny day was perfect for cleaning the coop. So, there went another 30 minutes...cleaning and filling the food and the water dishes...it was getting a little stinky in there...ammonia build-up. 

  You can see where this is going.  I came back in the house, looked at my list...looked at the clock...and crossed 2 things off the list with a flourish!  That was all she wrote.  I had wanted to make bagels today too...not even close.  I need to pull my furnace filter and vacuum that business.  Nope.  I need to get my cookbook shelf back up.  Nuh-uh.  Vacuum and clean carpet.? No way, Jose.  Sort seeds ?  Hahahahahaha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Tomorrow I have a 9:30 appointment for a massage and reflexology session...A full one and a half hours of  pampering myself. That means I have to get up early and make sure I am on the road by 8:45.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  For supper tonight I made a gorgeous salad of mixed greens with pear slices and gorgonzola cheese.  It was a thing of beauty.  I also fixed polenta, with marinara and a mixture of sauteed red onion, spinach, baby bellas mushrooms and cannelini beans.  Lordy, it was good.   But that took up some time too...polenta is a bit on the labor intensive side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

  It's starting to rain. They said it would come in tonight, and bless their hearts--here it is.  Time for me to knock off and get myself to bed.  I can't believe it's after midnight already. (I always say that...and I mean it!)  lol

  Sending you all thoughts of spring --I noticed today in my travels that the willow trees here are leafing out! Things are greening up nicely and it's warm.  It's a good thing...maybe I'll get those seeds sorted tomorrow...


  Namaste.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I hope you got some rest last night Annie. You are really a busy lady.
It was 72 here on Tuesday, not quite so warm yesterday and only in the 40s today. Better wait a day or two on the seeds. ;-)

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

YAY Spring!

Mary LA said...

Polenta is a bit on the labour-intensive side, yes --

DJan said...

I know how to fix all your problems: just add an extra five hours to the day, and then... no, you would just put MORE things on your list. I think you had a great day, and your optimism and enthusiasm for life just leak out all over the place! Thanks for making me smile again. :-)

Rita said...

LOL! I have many days I only get one thing checked off my list! ;) You done good! :):)

Petit fleur said...

Sounds like a beautiful temperature and and action packed day!

We are moving to California! That is my latest news. I am calmly going a little insane here, but all is well.

Glad you are doing well and do enjoy your pampering session.
xo