Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuesday Terwilliger

(WHAT???? That isn't even a word...)) 


  Oh hell's bells. You can tell I'm tired when I start making up words.  lol


  I have some pictures from my garden that I took this morning. Thought I'd share them with you. It was already 86 degrees by 8 AM. Yikes.  We have heat indexes of 103 and heat advisories out, telling all the old people and babies and breathing problem folks to just stay in the house, out of the heat.


 Here are some photos...


This is green beans a week ago...

Here they are now.

 Red Pontiac potatoes a week ago...

'Taters today...



It's amazing. The tomatoes are loaded with blossoms and growing like weeds, in spite of this godawful heat. We've had a heat advisory for 5 days running now...heat indexes at 102-105...and still things carry on as usual.

I'm looking out at my yard and thinking if I went now (8:30AM) I could get some mowing done before I pass out. It's a jungle out there, and we may be looking at thunderstorms the next 5 days. sigh...I would rather have rain than be able to mow, that's for sure. lol  BUT-- I need a little order in that yard too. Once it's a certain height you can barely mow it too, so there's that. Oh, the dilemma....lol  I sure don't want heat stroke either.

 I started this last night, but I couldn't  finish I was so tired. I was in bed asleep at midnight. Plum tuckered out from the heat and the long day yesterday. I wound up grocery shopping after work, so didn't get home til about 9 PM.

  Welllllll.....the mowing isn't doing itself. I need to get started on it if I'm agonna do it. Maybe the Irishman will find it in his heart to do the back tonight if I can get the front done today.

 Let's see now...where's my long pants and knee brace?????



Namaste.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Wow! The plants are really loving the heat! I think you need a mower with a cab and air conditioner! Awful weather! Stay cool!!! :)

DJan said...

Whew! Now that is HOT. I don't envy you one bit. Glad you decided to go to bed and get up early to finish this. I wonder what a terwilliger is. When you find out, let me know, okay? :-)

Your garden is amazing, simply amazing!

the wild magnolia said...

Thriving gardens are like comfort food!

Thank you for sharing!