Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HEY! We needed some of that rain...




...the temps have been around a hundred for several days and things are drying out like crazy. Had a big rash of storms move through here yesterday and we didn't get a drop of rain up here.  WTH ???  I was 15 miles south, and it was like a monsoon.  It just isn't fair....lol


  But at least things cooled off.  It's only supposed to hit 86 today. And that sounds like heaven.  lol




  I have been up early, got some laundry going, sprayed the squash, checked the peppers and started nipping the beans for canning. There's probably no way I'll get any canned today, but they'll be ready for tomorrow morning when I have the whole day off.  I keep stalling...and now I have to leave in 4 hours, so....at least I don't have to make supper for the Irishman, as he has a meeting that he has to run to directly from work. Sierra Club stuff.


  Yesterday I made him a potluck dish for the meeting he had...sheesh....I forgot about it til the near last minute. Made a cooked summer garden salad..red potatoes, 2 kinds of summer squash, fresh picked green beans, tomatoes (all steamed tendercrisp and then thrown into ice water to cool quickly), cucumbers, fresh basil, garlic, onions...all doused with a tarragon vinegar and olive oil dressing, accented by sea salt and cracked black pepper. It was awesome. I added a can of garbanzo and a can of kidney beans for the protein factor, too. So it was actually a full meal...

 Blogger just lost most of this post. Dammit.  Arrgghhh  It wasn't saving.

  I'm outta here. Got laundry calling my name.

TTFN

9 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Life is good, eh?! Potluck sounded so good.

Carol said...

Hey you! I'm not reading your post before lunch any more, I'm salivating. It's Carol, from New Hampshire, getting on line a little more often because I'm leaving work at lunch time, going to the library, doing lots of research pending our planned move to Southern CA, God willing and the creek don't rise! That's my Ohio roots showing

Akannie said...

WM--Boy. It sure is.

Carol!! So good to see you, and WHAT ?!?!?!?! Moving to SoCal ?? Or southern Canada? lol What in the world is going on?? I've been thinking of moving myself....lol

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Oh my goodness!!! YUM! Your life is so... deliciously vibrant!

DJan said...

Wow! That salad sounds good, and I've already had lunch. Could you please send some of that through the blogosphere? Please? :-)

Rita said...

So sorry you didn't get some of that rain. :( Glad the temps dropped , tho.

The potluck dish sounds yummy! All the food from your garden sounds delicious. :)

Sorry Blogger ate part of this post. It has done that to me a few times. Once I had nothing left but the pictures! Arggg! I try to remember to copy the whole blog before I try to post anymore. Just in case. But it is such a bummer!! Technology can be so frustrating! But I'm glad I met you. :)

Cloudia said...

great post you wrestled through Blogger! Thanks for hanging in-


Aloha from Waikiki;

PS: My new blog posts are still not updating in blogger/reader OR links on others' blogs
but I'm still posting! :(

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

Judy T said...

We finally got a little rain up here Monday and last night. It seemed like it was all going around us as well for a while. I hope you get some rain soon.
I just picked my first green bean this evening and ate it raw in the garden. Mmmm... They aren't looking so hot- the bunnies got a lot of them so I don't know if I'll ever have enough to can. Although the scarlet runners may surprise me.
Have a good day off.
Judy

Unknown said...

That potluck dish sounds delish!!! This is a fun post and we had the same things, HUGE barometric pressure shift, NO rain...still muggy, but not as hot thank the gods!!!
xo to you!