Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A lovely Tuesday...

 

Lots of the white stuff out there, but at least the sun was shining today.   I went out and fed the chickens and got the mail --could barely make myself come back in. Feeling a bit of cabin fever...so, I fussed around outside...swept the car off and started it up since it's been sitting there idle for about 4 days now. I took a shovel to the walk and cleared a path . I played with the dogs and I said a quick Thank You to my Creator for blue skies and sunshine and Vitamin D.



I spent a lovely day at home, minimal cooking, patching some holes on the Irishman's jeans and [experimentally] patched a pair of long johns (bottoms) that he burned the knee out of when he caught his jeans on fire welding at work. We'll see if it holds...that thermal cotton material is not the best kind of stuff for fixing...I still have one more pair of jeans to fix the back pocket on, and I think that chore will be out of the way.  The little stack has been sitting around for about a month and I just kept putting it off.

 I think tomorrow I will bake a bread pudding, as I have some old rolls in the fridge that need using.  There's nothing like a cinnamon and nutmeg-y bread pudding with a warm vanilla sauce to warm the cockles of your heart!



The chest cold is passing and the coughing is almost non-existent. Except in the evening. lol I have coughed more in the last hour than I have all day. I have gargled and will have a nice drink of water before bed...hopefully I will sleep as well as I did last night...


  I've just found one of my cousins on Facebook (actually, she found me, I guess). I only see her once a year at the family reunion, and she only lives a couple of hours away.  I am itching for a road trip...Waiting to hear from her about it.  LOVE that girl...she is a hoot. Everytime we're together, the laughter is nonstop...to the point of gasping for air sometimes...



I was out back for a bit this afternoon. The pond is completely iced over and the geese are throwing a fit. They make so much racket and then circle circle circle...finally landing and sliding across the ice. It is really something to watch them. There are really beautiful designs on the ice...not sure what made them--possibly just the wind, I suppose. We still have a lot of snow out there,too.




Okay..time to sign off and hit the hay. I am a sleepy thing tonight and cannot even keep my eyes open to read the homesteading magazine that came in today's mail. I love this magazine...I usually read it cover to cover the day it arrives.  Full of all kinds of great stuff, and this issue is no exception. It's called Countryside Magazine  &Small Stock Journal.  The magazine of modern homesteading.  It's my all time favorite. Check it out.  I also found a website that belongs to a woman who lives rather efficiently with her husband and 5 children on an acre of land. Her name is Lara and it is  here.   She is delightful



Sweet dreams, my friends. May the wind be always at your back....



Namaste.




7 comments:

DJan said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and on the mend. You are a real dynamo, I must say, Akannie, always doing something. And finishing your day with a blog post before bed! I read them first thing in the morning and you write them last thing at night...

Kathy M. said...

It's funny to see all that snow. It was 77 here yesterday. I love bread pudding. I have a chocolate baguette I've been saving to make bread pudding with, for a twist on the classic. My favorite bread pudding recipe was from the guy who used to cook for the British Royal family. He claimed Dianna and her sons loved it. Glad you are feeling better.

CiCi said...

I checked out the magazine, really like it. I bookmarked that one.
It is sunny here today. Still a foot of snow at the low places on the yards and some ice on roads but we were out running errands yesterday and actually had lunch out while hubby's guitar was worked on at our favorite little guitar shop. Turned out to be a rather nice day to have some time outside. So I am happy to see the sun today! Maybe some snow will melt today.

inappropriatesue said...

I hope you feel better soon. I always seem to cough more at night and it keeps me up when I need sleep to heal.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Your spirits sound lifted, indeed.

Janna said...

I don't think I've ever had bread pudding, but after your description I can almost smell it baking!

It vaguely reminds me of some spiced honey vanilla tea I had this afternoon. :)

One Prayer Girl said...

And sweet dreams to you as well.

PG