Friday, February 12, 2010

Early Fridays...



  OK, all...here it is, Friday again. Where does the time go ?? Write  flashing piece of fiction , 55 words only, and then go taunt G-man with it!  hahahahahahaha....Here's mine!


The strains of a piece of melancholy jazz wafted through the empty apartment. Resisting the urge to change the station , he understood instantly why she’d gone.  The jazz was speaking to him…subtly, seductively. He started to nod, imperceptibly, to the sounds. Nothing here but music now, Charlie Parker washing the dirt from his soul.

8 comments:

CiCi said...

Tuned in to the music and tuned out to her? That would never do. Nice piece of writing here. Leaves some things to imagination and leads us on a small journey. Nice.

PattiKen said...

(Hi there. I'm new to this 55-word thing, but now that I've found it, you'll see me around.)

I really like this. It's amazing what a picture you can paint with only 55 words.

PattiKen said...

P.S I love your little cat!

Unknown said...

She does not like jazz?
Lovely 55!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
and
GONG XI FA CAI!

hugs
shakira

http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/02/flash-friday-55-need-to-go.html

Enchanted Oak said...

Oh, I liked this, Annie. "washing the dirt from his soul" is very nice.

g-man said...

Annie...
This was simply amazing!
Plus I LOVE Charlie Parker
Excellent 55 My Dear..
You Rock The Planet!!
Thanks for this riveting contribution, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G-Daddy

Peter Stone said...

Sad, but really makes you think. I hope Charlie's jazz can clean his soul so he can win her back before it's too late...

Great 55!

Brian Miller said...

wonderful 55. leaves enough unspoken to let our minds wander...