I just want to know one thing. If there can be 12 days of Christmas...why can't there be 12 days of birthday?
I'm here to tell you..THERE CAN BE !!!!!
And today is Day 2. (or 3, if I start the day before my birthday) Doesn't matter. Once again, it's something I'm going to do until I don't want to do it anymore. (The story of my life). lol
It was a wonderful Epiphany. I got up and the Irishman made my breakfast. Then he drove me to town for my 10:30 massage appointment. After I was completely rubbed and squeezed into ecstatic submission, I wandered down the stairs to find him at the desk, chatting up my masseuse. Turns out he had not only paid for my massage, but paid for the next one too. What a guy, huh?
Afterwards we went to the Dead Lobster (my affectionate nickname for the restaurant) for a shrimp-y lunch, which we enjoyed immensely. Then it was back home to rest up and get ready to make the pilgrimage to the veterinarians office. The Honey Badger had to get her post-bite exam and be micro chipped and we also used the opportunity to get Miss Caylee rustled in for a rabies shot. This is no mean feat. She HATES riding in the car and was terrified, but the Irishman was able to manage her and we got there and back and everything was fine. Thing is, every time she gets in the car it's because of trauma and so she has connected those two things. We try and try to get her in the car to go to the park like the other dogs love to do, but he will not. Anyway, it's over for another year.
now then. Dear Kristen, from Jilli Java, has sweetly awarded me an award.
I am supposed to award it to 3 people whose blogs I read and then tell you 7 obscure facts about myself. I want to acknowledge Jozien at Keeper of Wild Places, for always giving me another magnificent way to look at the world around us. Her writing, her art...she is wonderful. Then there is Linda at Hello,It's Me. She's really something--talented, intuitve and inspires me more than she'll ever know. And last, but not least, is the ubiquitous Rubye Jack (aka Linda) at Blue Skies, Sunny Days. We are sisters under the skin and she opens new doors for me every time I read her blog. I am blessed by all 3 of these women...as well as many more, but I only get to pick 3 here. LOL
Okay. 7 obscure facts about me. (This could be harder than it sounds, as my life is an open book). (Which only means I am a blabbermouth). lol
1) I am an earthquake "sensitive". Preceding earthquakes (sometimes for up to a week before, depending on the magnitude) I experience physical symptoms: frozen neck muscles, headaches,stiff neck and a low hum in my ears.
2) I am a conspiracy theorist, and instead of getting better, I only get worse, as the world gets smaller.
3) I have a good singing voice, even though my regular voice sounds like one of those old lady gin-voices.
4) I have an amazing ability to BS my way into, out of and through almost anything.
5) I have never had an earache. In my whole life.
6) I have an ultra-keen sense of smell.
7) I was in South America when the Jim Jones Massacre happened. Whatever year that was. I was in a
drunken, drug crazed whirlwind and it's a miracle I lived long enough to get clean and sober.
So, there you have it.
I have some things to do before it suddenly turns into noon (half an hour from now) and I'd better get crackin' !!