Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hey...isn't this Pearl Harbor Day or something??

  NO, I guess it's actually the 7th... oops.  .


  It's another one of those bleak midwestern days here.  Everything is grey and depressing. It very cold...27 degrees with a lively wind.   The Irishman is at an Area Assembly for the day, lit out of here around 6 AM to make the 2+ hour drive. I'm doing laundry and bringing out a few more Christmas decos.... did some other housekeeping things and cared for a passel of critters. Another day in the life...lol



  Going to make some chicken fajitas for his supper in a few. I changed the bedlinens and now the old ones are in the washer, his work clothes are in the dryew and I folded and put away 2 small loads of other stuff.  The dogs and cats are all in various stages of repose, sprawled across sofa backs and laid out on tables like a Christmas feast. Nearly all of them are sleep. The only sounds here are the humming of the furnace and the tumble of the dryer.  It's a quiet restfull day, and I have to go visit my little lady at 3. I'll be there until 8. Probably stop and pick her up some fried chicken for supper--she has a love affair going with the Colonel. lol  She won't cook hardly at all, though last night we heated up canned chili. She says she cooked 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks, for over sixty years, and she is done. Don't blame her. Her niece tries to bring her things from her kitchen, but everything either has no salt, or too much sugar. Yesterday she told me that the potato chips tasted sweet, and why did I think they changed the recipe? Nothing tastes right to her..coffee's too burned when they roasted it, Pepsi has changed their recipe,  etc, etc.  So, at 81 she can do whatever she wants, in my book.  We eat Burger King hamburgers (her favorite) and KFC a couple of times a week. IN between, we have sandwiches or chili or bacon and eggs. She loves bologna sandwiches on white bread [shudder].  I try not to eat too much of the fast food myself, so I eat a very late lunch before I leave home, then I'm not hungry til late. Once (early on) I told her that all that greasy fried fast food wasn't really very good for her. She looked me in the eye and said "I've always eaten it. I'm 81 years old and not hardly been sick in my life. I don't take any medications and I don't go to the doctor."  Guess she told me.  lol




   I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit, really I am.  I haven't put up my greenery on the porch rails yet, but my little tree is up and one of my big Santas is out as well my giant Christmas wreath. my holiday tablecloths are out, both old vintage items. I will get the holiday pilows out today too and put the red and green plaid quilt on the sofa.  Not sure if I'll put any lights up this year or not...I was online late last night trying to order a double traverse rod from JC Penneys, so I can get my thermal drapes up.  The website wasn't cooperating. lol I'll try it again in a few.  I need one that is 103 inches long, and have looked everywhere, It's going to cost me between 50-80 dollars it looks like, depending on if I do go with the double or just a single. High class problems...lol



  Well, time to get those fajitas started I guess. I'll eat some too, maybe. Unless I decide to make the fried chicken a Sunday meal for us. She likes it when I eat with her...it's always better to break bread and share meals with someone else...


  BTW--Finished the NaNo...woohoo! 2 years running...I'm proud of myself. Still more to write on that story though, so I'm going to take a small break and get back on it.


  Stay warm all. I see that a bad freeze is sweeping across Europe and the upper US too. We had some mild snow flurries yesterday and the day before, but none of it has amounted to much.  We'll get our share...we always do.

  TTFN...




Namaste.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

It's always good to see that your life just flows on.

You are loved my friend.

Cloudia said...

Enjoyed this visit! Thanks




Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


<°)}}><