Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quiet moments...

 Sitting here looking at a recipe for Walnut Snowball cookies. Have run out of time to make them today, as I got sidetracked with things like laundry, vacuuming and making a big pot of stew. BUT--the house is cleaner and the smells are heavenly. I'll make a batch of garlic-cheese biscuits to go with the stew and then I'm off to visit MissB.  Had to re-order a Christmas present today,so it won't be here on time. Ordered it late one night and the charge has never shown up on my card, so I called them. Oops. Confusion and oh, well. That's just how it goes sometimes.  I didn't have to go nuts...they will do their best to have it here (no promises)  by Christmas and if it doesn't make it, then it will just not make it.  On a brighter note, the dvd set of the complete series of Waiting For God DID finally ship yesterday. It should be here on time,. I already got the Vicar of Dibley set. In fact,. I need to get it wrapped before he stumbles across it. lol

  It's cold.  Finally warmed up to 13 today, up from 3 this morning. Brrrr....It doesn't feel so bad though, as the wind has stopped howling. The chooks are all happy since I took out carrot peels and a head of lettuce to them when I fed and watered them./ We got a second heated dog bowl for their water so it won't freeze. They are steadily laying 3-4 eggs a day. More than enough for us and a dozen for the neighbors every couple of weeks. The dogs are in and out...except little Caylee, who thinks she's a snow dog. lol She loves it outside, even in this ridiculous weather. The garage is always open for her, and I try to get her in when I can,. but mostly she's having no part of it. Hard to keep water out there for her...it freezes within minutes it seems like.

  The local grocer has whole New York  strip steaks for 2.99/lb  Think I'll stop on my way home tonight and refill my freezer with them. I try to buy them when I can at that price...otherwise they typically run anywhere from 6.99 to 9.99...and I cannot pay that.  lol


  Off to finish folding a load of dark clothes. Hope everyone is staying warm and safe !!

  Namaste.

1 comment:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) Still sounds warm inside even if it's cold outside! :)