Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Windy Wednesdays

 Miss Sophie, at the marina at Pere Marquette Park, Grafton,IL  We were having a small picnic...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~



     As payment for a gorgeous sunny 75 degree day in the first half of March, we are now under a tornado watch.  I can never remember the fine nuances of distinguishing between a warning and a watch, and frankly I don't care. I have a really bad attitude about natural disasters and stuff...when it comes to me, anyway. I have a lot of empathy for people in 3rd world countries reeling from 'quakes and hurricanes and shit...but in my own life it's pretty much let the chips fall where they will.  I am nor afraid of storms. I am not afraid of any of that stuff. If it is my day to die, it will happen...regardless.  If it isn't, then there's no need to sit around worrying. I just try to keep it simple and live every moment like it may be my last. Natives have a saying about it being a good day to die. If I live right, love right and trust in the Great Spirit ...I have nothing to fear.   

  And so it is.


  The parental units took to the road about 6 AM and I barely heard them leave. The Irishman was feeling much better with the antibiotics, and he was off to work as well.  I lay in bed, savoring the silence and the knowledge that I wasn't going to do a damn thing today.  LOL  So I went back to sleep and didn't get up until about 9.


  Yikes...it's midnight and the temps are still over 60 degrees!!  


   Went north about an hour today to visit a halfway house kind of a place. I have gone there off and on since I moved here. Lately off, because there were no women there. Today was a good day...it feels good to be able to share experience, strength and hope with women who are down on their luck and struggling. To be able to lend a hand, a shoulder, an ear...good stuff.


  I should be getting to bed. Thinking maybe I'll start writing in the mornings instead of at night...I seem to be tiring out and talking a lot of gibberish in the wee hours.  Maybe I'll make more sense...or not.


   Tomorrow I'll get back on this painting and get this room finished.  I really like the yellow...bright and cheery.  The back wall is going to be white, as I'm running out of yellow. There isn't a lot of wall back there anyway, as it holds 2 big windows. I can't wait to have this all done and get this room straightened around again.  The chaos is killing me.  I don't do well in this kind of stuff.  Even when I move, I unpack and set up my house in the very first day or two usually.   The Irishman says I'm a nester. The truth is a little less cute than that.  I don't do well in clutter and disorganization. The inside of my head is crazy enough...I need structure and order around me.  And THEN, I can be okay....lol


  I am just LOVING this new monitor, by the way.  (It's not new, new.  Just a different one that happened to be laying around)... It's bigger and it's got really good color and definition. Plus, when I was in the control panel, dicking around,. I changed some color scheme from blue to silver...and I love the look. Clean and defined.  WooHoo!



  We had big salads for supper in honor of the summer weather. lol  Lots of veggies and chunks of ham and grated cheese...and shrimp cocktail too. ' Twas yummy!!


   In the morning I am getting the dehydrator going with apples and pineapples. I'll let you know how that goes...I'm excited about getting some drying going on. This will give me a chance as well to figure it all out before garden harvest time.  I'm not real sure about what to prep the fruit with to keep it from turning brown, but am thinking I'll just use the Fruit Fresh that I use when freezing/canning.  It's just ascorbic acid...I'm also going to leave the peels on most of the apples and peel just a few and try them and see which one I like best. The peels may get tough...

  Let the games begin  !!!!!!!!!


  Okay--turning in now, and wishing you all the best dreams available.


Namaste.

6 comments:

Garykfc said...

I am glad your weather is taking a positive turn for you. Have a great day and enjoy your morning writing.

DJan said...

I like your midnight ramblings. But since I haven't experienced your morning meditations, bring 'em on. The wind is blowing hard here, too, but it sure isn't 60 degrees out there, more like 40. Today is our hike, which looks like it will be in the wind and rain.

Kathy M. said...

Funny. I'm the same way when I move. I can't think in the midst of clutter. Probably a control thing, in my case.

I also love a yellow room. Makes me happy just to walk inside. You got to love something that gives you that reaction.

Enjoy your peace.

CiCi said...

Wonderful for the in-laws to get themselves up and out of there quietly and early. Those are the perfect guests. Today is my day to do nothing. I washed one load of clothes very early this morning. I was up at 5:00 and have been having an easy morning. Oatmeal and reading and blogging.

Unknown said...

Everyone here freaks aobut the weather, me like you not so much with the worry, it is going to happen or not I won't control it.

I love the salads, I've been making taco salads with beans all week...love them.

Glad your monitor is rocking the color and such and glad the visit went well and you got a day to just be...

love
gabi

steveroni said...

Well, the weather does not worry about me, so why should I give it the power to make ME worry.

Like yellow...like BLUE better! Well, light blue?

Girl, you write a GOOD post. I may just come BACK here one day--GRIN!!!!

PEACE!