Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday night...

 


The crazy factor the past few days has been quite remarkable.  Suffice it to say that my world has been going 180 miles per hour  and I have somehow managed to make it through intact. For this I am incredibly grateful.


We have had a few days in a row of pretty cool temperatures again , and I wish spring would make up it's mind to just stay. We've had some rain and thunderstorms, and so the grass is greening up nicely at least.  Today's high made it to 60 degrees, but it didn't stay there long. Got chilly and overcast and is supposed to storm some more tonight.  Yuck.


Tomorrow we are going to the farm store and buy some baby chicks.  I am very excited about this endeavor and cannot wait to ave those little babies to play with.  We keep them in a cage in the guest room...the cheeping and chirping drives the cats crazy, lol.  Not sure what breed we're going to get, but we might mix 'em up. Just getting a few, for eggs, and are still talking about the possibility of raising meat birds. The jury is still out as to whether or not we could manage to do the butchering process.


  I'm very tired tonight. I got up at 6 AM so I could cook and clean and get ready for a small family gathering today My youngest brother, wife and daughter, my sister and my son and grandson. And us. We ate fried chicken and potato salad and baked beans and deviled eggs.  And we laughed and played and talked and had a ball. I had people here from 11 AM til after 6:30. I am a happy camper and a tired old woman....all rolled into one.


Earlier this week  I spent the evening with a great bunch of women and we ate and watched The Secret and had a great time. I didn't get home that night until almost midnight.  Thursday night I attended a women's meeting and we moved all our stuff out of the place and will set up shop next week at our new location. It's a really good move for us on a whole lot of levels..  Friday night I attended a meeting as well, after spending most of the day doing household chores. We are also the proud caretakers of 4 new kittens. They are gorgeous little creatures and their mama is very relieved to have birthed them. We've already found homes for them.



I didn't realize that I hadn't posted in so many days until I logged in here tonight.  Wow.  It's good to have a full and busy life today.  I am especially blessed indeed.



Alright, it's creeping up on the midnight hour and I am going to rest my weary head.  Sweet dreams.



Namaste.

5 comments:

Cloudia said...

I enjoy feeling the zest you post here!!




Aloha from Hawaii my Friend!


Comfort Spiral

CiCi said...

Your life sounds rich and full and spilling over with family and friends. Good for you. I can't wait to see pics of the baby chicks!!

DJan said...

Wow! Kittens, chicks, and tons of things to do and things accomplished. As usual, it's you going full on until you collapse in bed at night. Glad to take the time to bring me up to date!

Michael said...

I saw the Secret Garden on Broadway once.. thanks for the throwback. Sounds like it was a great day. :)

Sherry said...

It sounds like you had a very full schedule...yet fulfilling!