Today (14th) was my beloved's 28th sober anniversary. He will actually celebrate at his home group this coming Sunday. We'll have cake and his sponsor will give him a coin. In this part of the country, they also have cards...a gold card for one year of sobriety with a gold star placed in the card for each ensuing year. SO, since moving here, we have become card carrying members of Alcoholics Anonymous. lol
I spent the day at home, while he was out running about. I did laundry and straightened up the house and did some spot cleaning of the carpet. I had 4 loads of laundry (ohmygosh!) because I changed the bed and changed one of the loveseat covers as well. It is always good to have it all caught up.
I read something really funny today, that I am going to try to copy and paste here. hang on....
1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my PAPER newspaper like I used to, before the Web.
2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
3. I will get dressed before noon.
4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web.
5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived.
6. I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web.
7. I will read a book... if I still remember how.
8. I will listen to those around me about their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web.
9. I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.
12. Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Web will always be there tomorrow!
(I got a good chuckle out of this.)
I'm grateful to be married to another sober alcoholic.
I'm grateful for friends with a sense of humor.
I'm grateful for another day to be of service.
I'm grateful for sober birthdays--whoever they belong to!
The Sandman cometh....