Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day !

  It's a cold, snow-glam day out there. None falling, but all beautiful and white...If the rain starts it will all be gone within hours, as it's getting close to 40 degrees outside.

 Are you celebrating yourself this Valentine's Day??  Are you cherishing the relationship you have cultivated with your body and your heart?  We co-exist within this fleshy framework, sometimes forgetting that our hearts beat without us having to tell them to, our lungs inhale and exhale all on their own.  Our legs carry us to wondrous places hither and yon and our arms hug those dear to us and do all sorts of little loving things all day long. Lips for kissing, toes for tapping...brains for remembering.  Thank you, all these cells that make Annie Kelley...you've done a fantastic job!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  LOL.  Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I am at MissB's tonight and the hubster's not home until after 6...we will celebrate V-Day on Friday, on our regular date night.  It's all good. In the meantime, I have made him a card and will get my butt in that kitchen and make him a wonderful dinner for VD night, and he will feel loved with every bite.  And that's what matters to me.  That he feel as loved as I can possibly make him. That he knows without a doubt, that he is the most important person in someone's life (mine!!) and that I cherish my time with him.  To love...and be loved....the greatest things on earth.

****************************


  I think I'll make some soba noodles again as a main dish, with some steamed cauliflower and broccoli and carrots (for color) on the side. I have a peach pie in the freezer for dessert.  He'll love it.  And it will be very good for him.  Last night we had stir fried veggies and a half block of leftover tofu..I came home from work early  because of the weather...my co-worker was a doll about coming in 2 hours early. (She lives there in town) It was already crazy out there, and took me an hour to make the 17 mile trip home. So I threw together a stir fry over leftover sushi rice and it was perfect.  The meat supply is dwindling down to nothing...we're almost there. As it is lately we're eating probably 4 meatless meals a week, at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It's supposed to be in the forties all the rest of the week.  Crazy, huh??

  I have got to get some kind of system back in place for keeping my house clean. It's a disaster and I swear, I've been trying to do some stuff...it's just that I'm still so tired.  Yesterday I vacuumed and mopped and it was all I could do. The day before that, I straightened couch covers and dusted a bit, but you can't tell it 30 minutes later.  Sigh....I'm keeping the dishes and laundry done, at least.  lol   

  I'm thinking it's time to set up a little FlyLady stuff again.  Are you familiar with her??

  Flylady   check it out!!

  ************************************

  Okay. Off the computer and into the kitchen for a bit of magick.  Tell me about your Valentine's Day.


   I love you all!!!! (Today, anyway)  lol


Namaste.

9 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Happy Valentine's Day Annie!

Akannie said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Lindy!!!!

Beth said...

Happy Valentine's Day Annie. I had lunch with my daughter to celebrate her birthday today and this afternoon I dusted and run the sweeper. I hope you feel better soon.!

DJan said...

You keep your guy well loved, that's for sure. Not only that gateway we all know about through his stomach, but the love you have for him is all through your words. How could anybody be more blessed? To share such love with another person is as much as I will ever want for in this world. Happy Valentine's Day!

LindaM said...

Happy Valentines Day Annie! You'll be having a marvelous Fridy it looks lije;)

the wild magnolia said...

Happy Valentines Day, almost too late.

We went out to dinner, Slims BBQ, here in Arcadia. Great food, nice place, clean! The food was awesome, I had ribs, b. potato, garlic bread. D had sliced smoked turkey, b. potato, and garlic bread, and iced tea, me too. It was good to go out.

One day, we will do better with our eating, some days we do. Bravo to you and the hubs.

Your hubs will enjoy a good meal. I'm sure he appreciates all you do to take care of him.

I do believe we are our own best valentines. we should love ourselves. I like valentines but i always think of those who are alone and lonely and so much is made of this day.

((hugs))

the wild magnolia said...

Happy Valentines Day, almost too late.

We went out to dinner, Slims BBQ, here in Arcadia. Great food, nice place, clean! The food was awesome, I had ribs, b. potato, garlic bread. D had sliced smoked turkey, b. potato, and garlic bread, and iced tea, me too. It was good to go out.

One day, we will do better with our eating, some days we do. Bravo to you and the hubs.

Your hubs will enjoy a good meal. I'm sure he appreciates all you do to take care of him.

I do believe we are our own best valentines. we should love ourselves. I like valentines but i always think of those who are alone and lonely and so much is made of this day.

((hugs))

Mariodacatsmom said...

Happy Valentines Day. You actually got more done that I did.

Cloudia said...

soba rocks and so do you!


Warm Aloha Valentines wishes from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >