The mercury dipped below 30 degrees for our first hard frost of the year last night. I can feel every bit of it in my back this morning...lol. It's crisp and sunny out there though and should be a beautiful day in the mid to upper 60's. I'm on a house cleaning tear and hope to get some carpets cleaned today, if my back holds out.
I woke up yesterday with a resolve to do something about this mop of long grey hair. It's only been long for a little over a year, but I am sick of it. So, I went in and had about 12 inches cut off and I feel like a new man. Well, you know what I mean. lol However-- I had hoped that cutting it would rid me of some of the grey, instead it looks like she cut MORE grey into it. Sigh...I might just have to color it now. I just got tired of feeling like I look like an old woman.
Been staying busy with sponslings and such, trying to catch up on my woefully behind NaNoWri Mo word count, and keeping my house so that the health department won't condemn it. lol I am writing everyday, but sheesh!! But not giving up. So...if my posts are a bit spotty this next month, rest assured that I am at the keyboard pounding away...just somewhere other than here in my blogs. But I'm going to try and stay connected as best I can. On top of this, of course, it is the beginning of the holiday season and that's another whole story. I have lots of artsy fartsy stuff to do as well. Good thing I'm a talented multi-tasker! (Imagine-it used to be considered a BAD thing that I couldn't just focus on one thing at a time!! lol) Plus, I'm reading two new books. And writing to an AA'er in prison as a penpal thing. And Sunday is the District meeting, where I'm supposed to have come up with an idea for a workshop for the beginning of next year, and haven't even thought about it. Sigh.....no rest for the wicked, my grandmother used to say. *wink
Turned on my 'puter this morning and got 2 simultaneous IM's...one from a sponsling and one from my darling girl in Oz...so instead of getting to work, I spent a lovely half hour dually IM'ing these two beautiful sober women to start my day with love and gratitude. I am indeed especially blessed.
Especially blessed to:
- Have a life that I once only dreamed of having.
- Have the kind of love in my world that I always craved and never had
- Know that those feelings of uselessness and self pity have disappeared.
- See that even though it's 30 outside, it's toasty warm in here.
- Realize that my fresh pot of coffee is done.
- Be able to wake up sober.
- Be 12 inches shy of hair!
- Have a plan, and be able to stick to it.
- To know that I don't have to be perfect, and that my best is good enough.
- Have a great Oreck vacuum cleaner to clean my furry floors with.
- Get to wake up and "visit" friends in faraway places like Africa and Australia and Canada.
- Have another chance at a better day than the one before.
Alrighty then...I'm off into a new day...hope yours is the best ever too.