Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stark Raving Saturday

Boy oh boy, we had every weather known to man around these parts today! Woke up to 60 degrees, around 1 it started raining and thnderstorming with tornado warnings, then it was a flooding mess out there in my front yard. Tonight it has dropped to about 34 degrees.

Naturally, the rains and meltoff commingled to flood my well. The water came up over the pump housing again. SO I have had no water since about 4. It happened really fast--there was a lot of water out there!

Blessings today were mixed...lol. But we are all healthy and happy and the animals are all well and safe. The chickens are magically laying again. The gardens are resting. We are sober. Life goes on in this little corner of the world.

Tomorrow morning we will attend a 10 o'clock meeting. Maybe we'll hit a movie. I'd like to see 7 pounds (Will Smith) and I'd also like to see Doubt (Meryl and Philip Seymour Hoffman). I need to get by the local Dollar Tree to, as they once again (still, hopefully) have jars of fire roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and pickled garlic in stock. They don't have this stuff all the time and it's very high quality, so when I find it I like to stock the pantry. Routine day, mundane errands. I like this boring life I lead today. I am blessed to not be that girl who couldn't stand to be home, who was always out in the bars, looking for the next adventure. Chasing the next thrill. Running, running, running.

Blessings abound....if you just know where to look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing about your life sounds boring my love!

I get so much pleasure just from being able to pay attention to the simplest and most immediate realities of my life now that I'm not off chasing hazy drunken rainbows any longer!

Hugs