Friday, October 11, 2019

And just like that... it's autumn.


  A few days in the 70's,  back to the 90's and finally... 60's and below.  Today's high is expected to reach 49. Chilly nights coming up and cooler days.  The leaves are starting to fall. Colors beginning to change.  Still a lot of corn and soybeans in the fields, and it rained like a monsoon last night and most of this morning. It's stopped now, and the sun is out, but it's chilly.  Himself is walking the dogs down the road and back. One at a time. So every time he brings one back and leaves with another, the other two sit at the window and whine. Even (esp) the one that just came back.  smh...

  I love soup weather.  I have been home for 2 days and don't want to go out.  Decided I would make a nice comfort food stew this afternoon. Knew I was out of onions, but I had dehydrated onions in the pantry, so I used them.  All the rest of the ingredients for Posole were in my pantry. Yippee !!  It's in the crock pot now, filling the house with the wonderful aromas of onion, pork and cumin. I'll warm up some tortillas to go with it and it will be a filling and warming supper.  Made enough for supper and a lunch or two.  A great fall/winter meal.  But now I need to look for pork loin on sale to buy and can... that was the last 2 jars.  I still have lots of chicken, some roast beef and a jar or 2 of corned beef in there.  Winter is a good time to watch for sales on these meats and can them. Summertime is too busy with vegetables.

  

  When it's time to eat, I'll garnish the bowls of it with some thin sliced cabbage and radishes. 


  It's been a hectic week...doggie health issues, financial woes, sick friends.  My leg is in a cast for 1 more week, more or less, and I am SO ready to have it off.  It's a pain in my arse.  lol



 The kittens are growing by leaps and bounds.  The special needs girl is such fun to watch, as she grows more confident and gets braver all the time.  The boy is a snugglebug.  Our old cat Chichi doesn't like either of them.  She's going to have to suck it up soon, because it's getting too cold for her to stay outside all the time.  lol

Life goes on.  DC is a joke.  The world needs all our prayers.  

Be kind.


 Later, taters.


2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

If I've said it once I've said it a doz times..we're fucked..
95 yesterday ..43 today with rain..same thru the weekend..next week in 70's and 80's
I want it COLD.. sigh*

Akannie said...

LOL-- Sister, I hear ya !!!