Wednesday, June 5, 2013

As if....

A tangle of roses (that really smell like roses !!!) , honeysuckle, irises and peonies. (Click to biggify).  Working out in the yard today was heady.


  Things are looking really great out there. Well, except that until today, I haven't been able to mow for 2 weeks, and the incessant rains make that imperative. SO the yard has been looking really raggedy again and the weeds are growing up around the road/edge of the property.like crazy. And we are trying to keep things looking halfway decent because our neighbors have their property listed for sale...sigh. But it's nigh on impossible. 

  That said...today I tackled it, once my son got the mower running again. The Irishman bought a new part (which it turns out wasn't needed--my son is a farm boy, and everyone knows that farm boys are masters of the jury-rig.)  He came out of the garage and told me he had fixed it, with duct tape.  It was a cable that the mister was sure was defective, but the boy said, no, it just needed some re-training.  lol  He also finished up the repairs on my wheelbarrow.  The reason he was home and able to do these things (including 2 loads of his laundry that he hung out on the line )  was because his truck died on his way to work and wouldn't start again. So, he worked on that and got it fixed and it was too late to go, since he was working about an hour and a half north of here. Worked out pretty good for ME.  lol

  I used the weed eater for about an hour, until my shoulders started hurting. I managed to get about 2/3 of the stuff done that needed it.  Then I took the mower and got all the front, the strip between the honeysuckle and the blackberries that borders the road, and all of the side yard done. I also cleaned the chicken coop out and scrubbed and refilled both their water dishes. This wet weather has made a muddy mess of the chicken run.  At that point, I was whooped. The humidity was terrible today and I was not only exhausted, but overheated-and wringing wet. A good detox plan?  lol  I was sweating like the mayor at election time.  If the weather cooperates, I should be able to finish the back tomorrow after my dr appt.  I am trying to get it done  A) Before it rains again and the stuff grows sky high and   B)I have some family coming up on Friday and I would like for the place to look halfway decent.  My sister-in-law emailed me and said  "NO CLEANING!!!!"  and I emailed her back   "AS IF !!!"   lol   My niece from Floriduh is coming with them and bringing baby Reef.

 We had our family reunion Sunday and it was a pretty good turnout. Some people missing, and some people there that are usually missing. lol  It was a good time and the weather was unusually cool, which was a blessing.  Still warm enough for those intrepid children to play on the beach and in the water some, and yet cool enough for us old ones to be comfortable. It maybe hit 70.  Lots of love, lots of tots,  lots of food, and lots of laughs. Here's a picture of us cousins...I was trying to figure out, I think maybe 7 missing.

I'm the 4th one in from the right, in the purple print shirt. The old white haired one.  lol


My beautiful family...



**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

  I am sitting here with an icepack on my knee, and should be heading to bed.  I have some tea brewing that needs to be put in the pitcher and sweetened before I go to bed. I came in and stirred up a simple spaghetti for supper, with both black and green olives, carrots, onions, bell peppers and garlic in it. Patrick said it was excellent, served over angel hair pasta.  I had to take a shower before I could cook, so we didn't eat until after 7:30, which is late for us.  It's almost 1 AM now, and I have to be and att'em and at the dr at 9.  


 Our rivers down here are flooding and they have had to evacuate people  and it is a real mess. We really need for this rain to stop for awhile. We are safe up here, though our little creeks are going over their banks, but there is no danger for us.  The Mighty Mississippi is a force to be reckoned with...


 Okay...I'm gonna make like a banana and SPLIT !  lol




Namaste.

4 comments:

DJan said...

What a wonderful picture of your family! And I do hope that knee stops acting up for you, Annie.

Mariodacatsmom said...

What a beautiful family you have. Yikes, you have so much work to do outside, and then all the inside work too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you put me to shame! Wish I had half of your energy. Ice is wonderful isn't it?

Annette said...

I just love reading you Annie. The pictures of the roses and tumble of all else....is the kind of garden I love. A big mass of mixture of all things blooming and colorful. I am trying. I have such a shady yard...its hard to grow much of anything. I put my hens and chicks in pots on the deck in the SUN and they are doing amazingly well. One oven got a sprig that shot up out of the middle with a flower on it! Have you ever seen that?

Susan said...

I'm surprised you found time to sleep! I love it when visiting family says NOT to clean. As if, is right! Your roses are beautiful - hope the rain eases up before you float away. What a great family photograph - it looks like everyone has such fun together.