Had to go back to the old editor under the settings tab and for some reason now I can post.
Thought I would take this days post and make it all quotes about friends and friendship. Because I am so tired I can barely think, and I don't want 2 melancholy posts in a row. I'd have to poke my eyes out.
SO--here are some of my favorites:
1) Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.--Aristotle
2) Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.--Samuel Butler
3) It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.--Emerson
4) Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.--Euripedes
5) It's no good trying to keep up old friendships. It's painful for both sides. The fact is, one grows out of people, and the only thing to do is face it.
6) One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. --Euripedes
7) Friendship is a furrow in the sand,--Tongan proverb
8) The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right.--Mark Twain
9) Great friendship is never without anxiety.--Marquise de Sevigne
10) Sooner or later, you've heard all your best friend has to say. Then comes the tolerance of real love.--Ned Rorem
“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
Here's to our friends....