Monday, June 7, 2010 a room full of kittens


Today is supposed to be the day when the kittens go to the farm.  We'll see if the courier flakes out on me again. (It's her cousin's farm). I haven't heard anything from her yet.  I'm feeling a little ambivalent, of course, but it has to be... I am debating on keeping one of my favorites, because the little thing does not want to use the litter box, and I am so done with cleaning up after cats on my carpet...I adore Little Bit, but in a barn, he'll not have to worry about where he goes. He is actually catching up to the others in size now too, and that was one of my reasons for keeping him in the first place-he was much smaller than the others.  He is very affectionate and adorable...well, we'll see.
[This my sweet Baboo...he's definitely staying....]

  Yesterday was my family reunion at the lake. We had a great time. The weather cooperated beautifully. It never got above about 83 degrees and was breezy and bright and sunny. Humidity was minimal. A perfect day for sitting around and chatting and eating and reminiscing. We had a visitor--a very old man who was best friends with my youngest uncle for all his life. He came over and said--you don't remember me, I bet--and told me stories about when I was a little girl and he would be at my grandmas house and give me nickels and pennies when I was there.  He said "You were the prettiest little thing..."  It was kinda neat/creepy.  lol  He and my aunts all sat around telling stories about when they were kids and the things they did and got in trouble for, lol.   The aunts enjoyed themselves tremendously.  My nieces and nephews and cousins kids all brought all their kids. It was pretty cool.  We got home around 7 PM and it was a long and tiring day, and I was asleep by midnight.  

  I am meeting someone at a noon meeting hopefully and then taking someone else to a meeting tonight. It will be a busy day for me, all around.  I have cherries to pick, wild raspberries to pick and much housecleaning to do. I won't get it done today probably, but I will stay home all day tomorrow and get it done.  Grateful that the yuckies have pretty much passed.  And I can be a productive person again, taking care of things in my little world, instead of just spinning around aimlessly.  That feeling reminds me of the days when I was so restless, irritable and discontent that I was almost paralyzed with anger and fear. I couldn't accomplish any tasks at hand, couldn't stand to be in my own skin, couldn't bear to stay in any one place.  Ugh.

  OKay--time to get on with the day.  Make a call, get some clothes on and sashay out into the world of the living. lol

  Have a grand Monday, all y'all.  May you be blessed in all ways imaginable.



Andrew said...

It's good to hear that the family reunion was a good time for you.

I get that same RID thing even in sobriety too.

DJan said...

What a beautiful iris! Reminds me to take my camera with me when I go out today. Your kitties are the cutest ever!!!

Carol said...

Im glad that you're feeling better, I was crummy yesterday, too!

Prayer Girl said...

Hallelujah! You're feeling your normal positive self again.

So happy the reunion went well. Your weather sounded perfect.

Love the iris and the kitty pics.


Gabriella Moonlight said...

Annie, I love you so much!!! This is a great post as always about the joy of living day to day!

I do like the idea of you sashaying into the world, is there any other way???


TechnoBabe said...

Coleus is something I can grow.
I really like your little kitty.
Your family reunion sounds good.
You probably got a great tan sitting around visiting.