Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday December 23,2009...again

I have just written a crazy post and hopefully hidden it away where no one will ever see it. It was horrible.


I needed to write it and I feel a little better. Not a lot..but a little.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I put up a different curtain rod here in the office and put some old lined drapes up over the top of the ones that are hanging there . Trying to winterize the rooms a little better, as it is always cool in here. I need to put something up in the kitchen too...it is very drafty around that old window. I realized earlier that I needed to renew my drivers license before Jan 6th, and started rummaging around looking for the form that I put in a safe place. So safe I can't remember where. As some of you may know...that's a perfect recipe for getting a room cleaned up. lol I am gimping around badly, so it is a slow process. Ai yi yi....


Are any of you making New Years resolutions? Getting better organized is one of mine.


Tomorrow I will spend cleaning and making breads and getting ready for our little gathering on Christmas night. I am making 3 soups...French Onion, Cream of Potato and a Minestrone. Or maybe a chicken and rice, just so all the soups aren't vegetarian. It won't be a large crowd...just a small group of people that have no family here or anywhere else to be on Christmas.

We will have breakfast with my son and his family and watch the grandsons open their Christmas. I will make a sweet bread to take.


Tonight we watched Julie/Julia. Meryl Streep was magnificent as Julia Child, and what can I say about Stanley Tucci--I ADORE him!-- and we both loved the movie. It was an outstanding film. We laughed and laughed.

I am exhausted. Went to my MD for some pain medication for my knee. It is excruciating. I have a January11th appointment with the orthopedic doctor from last summer. I suspect I will have surgery immediately after the appointment. It has been hurting so bad I can't sleep for several days now.

I am signing off...more tomorrow when (hopefully) I will be in a much better place and not be as troubled as I am right now.


This isn't a very uplifting or happy post....but it's the best I can do. For now.

Feeling blessed to have the ability to even say that...

2 comments:

Enchanted Oak said...

I'm sorry for your pain. It is wearing and depressing to walk around when it hurts like the dickens. I had hip surgery in March because of pain, and today I'm walking like a pro. Hang in there. It'll get better...

big Jenn said...

It sucks to be gimping especially when there is a lot to do. I hope you let go and let God and ask for some help instead of trying to do it all when you're hurting, just sayin'.
I also hope you have a great holiday1 jeNN