Saturday, December 23, 2017



  At long last. Winter is here.   We got a small amount of snow last night and is supposed to snow more tomorrow.  It's sunny now, so it won't last long, but it was extremely beautiful this morning. I started a post and saved it to draft to come back to, and now it's jumping between blogs and won't let me access the Elegant Blessings stats page again. Grrr...I thought that last time I signed out on one blog but that doesn't seem to be working this time.   So, here I am, hat in hand.  Posting all of it without stopping this time. lol

  I am in the middle of a flare up of my chronic back problems again. Earlier this week, I stepped through a resin furnace grate on the floor-- leg went down about a foot into the duct and I fell face first.  Managed to not break anything (thank goodness), hit my head and torqued my shoulder when I landed.  Pretty much caught myself and didn't slam face first, so my glasses were just a little bent not broken.  My wrists and hands hurt like hell for a couple of days. And I feel all jammed up about the neck and lower back. Last night I started having muscle spasms pretty bad.  Finally found a position I could sleep in  for a bit, but locked up my hips and I'm hobbling.  Was supposed to go to a family Christmas breakfast and didn't make it. Couldn't get my pants on. Even my deranged family frowns on that... lol

  I have been a baking and nut brittle making fool the past week. Got 4 packages mailed off to the northern plains (Wisconsin  MN) and the eastern seaboard   (MD) . Got what little shopping I was doing done, but most everything is home made this year.  Even finally got some decorations put up..a little tree and some doodads here and there and a couple of wreaths.  Have to go pick up the golden turkey this afternoon...it's being killed and dressed as we speak. A local farm that grows nice healthy turkeys and charges an arm and a leg. We are trying it this year, and it better be fantastic. lol  It's costing 3x as much as I usually spend.  If it's really out of this world, maybe we will raise our own for next year. My buddy that convinced me to do this said I would never be able to eat store frozen turkeys again.  We'll see.






  We're having a friend over for Christmas Day dinner. He has no family and has been here before on holidays. A big sweetheart of a guy. I will make him a Xmas stocking full of goodies and share a little love and kindness.  We'll eat like big dogs (me, hubby, son and him) and then watch some Xmas movies while we sleep off the tryptophans. lol 

  So, today I am trying to get the laundry done, clean up a little and do most of it tomorrow.  I do need to seriously wash all the slipcovers and vacuum the furniture that these dogs have coated with shedding hair.  I have a dehydrator full of celery to unload and jar up. (Celery was .69/head at Aldi's so I bought 7. )   I did finally vacuum the furnace filters (it's ancient--don't ask)  and with any luck will get the aquarium cleaned. That's about the gist of it for today.  Hope you all have a serene and happy holiday and  don't let yourselves get too crazy and caught up in the madness.  It will be a quiet time here...watching as the days slowly get longer and the quiet fills the house. 

  Happiest of Holidays, from all of us here at Honeysuckle Hill....

4 comments:

DJan said...

So glad you were able to get this up and on the internet. I was sorry to hear of your fall and flare up, but it seems you are soldiering on through it all. Love the pictures of your delicacies. Now I'm getting hungry. Have a great holiday! Blessings from my home to yours. :-)

Akannie said...

Thank you DJan... hope you are finding some joy in these holidays too...

yellowdoggranny said...

I am so baked out..I hope I don't have to bake anything till next year...but that peanut brittle looks soooo good and I didn't make any this year.

Akannie said...

Seriously Jackie Sue-- the sesame brittle is hands down my favorite. And the recipe was so easy... And I don't want to bake another fecking cookie for as long as I live. lol